Deep breath!! Your baby is completely ready to be born now and it’s a full term. Just imagine the only part that’s left now is that, she hasn’t seen you 😉
Ohh ! I forgot there is something left; it’s the eye color of your baby which will still be changing due to lack of pigmentation. It can be a possibility that your baby is born with blue eyes and turn green or brown of after birth.
How big is the baby Now?
The average weight should be 7lbs (2.8 -3.4kgs), but don’t worry if it’s little less or more as that can vary.
Note– If the contractions are coming after every 5 mins and last for nearly 30 secs it’s the time to make a call.
Prepare yourself for breast feeding
By now you may have observed leaky breast, if so that’s just the body’s way to adjust to the new process that will start very soon.
Breast milk is the best food for new born babies as it has the right amount and proportion of all macro nutrients that’s carbohydrates, fats and proteins. You will find ample of studies confirming the breast milk is the best. Let’s have a look at some quick benefits –
- Helps protect the body from respiratory problems and ear infections.
- Reduces risk to allergies
- Reduces the risk of breast or ovarian cancer.
- Ensures proper growth of baby
- Helps get you back in shape
- Improves the rapport between the mother and the baby.
Now how can you prepare yourself for breast feeding?
I’m not going in too much of details, just putting down pointers –
- Make sure you have a skin to skin contact immediately after birth unless the baby has any medical complications. If at all you undergo C section ask that your baby be placed on your chest while doctors finish your surgery.
- It may be difficult initially to start with breast feeding but understand that you’re not the only one both the baby and you will need some time to get used to that process.
- Feed your baby frequently in the initial days so that it gets a hang to that process.
Is breast feeding painful?
For a lot of mothers breast feeding may be painful at first, pain is often an indication that your baby isn’t attached to your breast properly. Make sure that his mouth covers the entire part your aerola which is the dark pigmented skin around your nipples. If the sucking process hurts then remove it and place it in a better position where you experience less pain. And always talk to the doctor for better techniques and right ways to lactate before leaving the hospital.
At 39 weeks pregnant, you won’t have much to do except to wait for few weeks to pass by, and how can I forgot keep visiting the doctor. So, from this week onwards just try and relax as much as you can.
Good news, just relax and take deep breaths.
Present content is not a medical advise nor should it be substituted for one. Please consult a certified medical professional for medical consultation.